Saturday, February 6, 2010

All That I Am

It has been a long time since my last entry. My favorite story about Hillel the Elder is when a gentile came to Hillel and asked him to explain the entire Torah while standing on one foot. Hillel responded quickly, “What is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow: this is the whole Torah; the rest is the explanation; go and learn.”

After all of my reading, after all of my thinking, after all of my explaining, after all of my prayer, I have found, after all, that life is quite simple. All we need to do is live it. Everything else is explanation and not worth the effort to write, or the breath to speak.

The bottom line in life is unconditional love of God, the Source, the Creator, the cosmic consciousness, whatever you want to call it. I am a spark from the Divine. I choose to live as a spark of the Divine, to be peace, to be love. Anything else I can say is just commentary.

This is probably my last post. All you have read will some day go into oblivion. But I am eternal. I will continue to live and to learn. I will be love. I will be peace.

As the Reverend Jerry Williams sings:

All that is in me, all that I am, there's nothing I withhold from Him
All that is in me, all that I am, will glorify the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment